We were in a bit of a rush last night, so much to do, so little time- one of those nights. I had planned to do another dish with the ingredients but as time started to disappear, I decided upon the quickest and easiest of any of my dishes. Most of the sauce ingredients I had in my cupboard, so no extra expense but some other bits were what I had in the fridge.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- 2 cups Frozen mix vegetables
- 4 mushrooms sliced
- 1 large onion sliced
- Ground garlic
- 3 peppers (red, onion, green) chopped into smallish cubes
- 1 pack of straight-to-wok noodles
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 6 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp coriander leaf
- Salt and pepper to season
- Prawn crackers to serve
• Cook the frozen veg on a medium heat in a pot of water for a few minutes to soften gently. Whilst these are cooking, cut your mushrooms, onions, garlic and peppers and set to one side. After a few minutes, drain the non-defrosted veg and set to one side.
• In a wok or similar style pan, add sesame seed oil to the pan, add your chopped garlic, with a little ground garlic if you have any, stir and add the onions, mushrooms and peppers. Stir for 5 minutes then add the defrosted veg and mix. Cook for 5 more minutes. Whilst these are cooking, chop your minute steaks into strips (not to thick).
• Take the veg mix out of the wok and put in a bowl and leave to one side. Add more sesame seed oil to the pan with a little more garlic and let warm before adding the beef strips coating the meat in the oil. Add a glug of soy sauce and stir around. Add ginger and honey and mix together costing the meat. Let cook for a few minutes.
• After a few minutes, add your veg back into the wok, mix together and coat. Add your sweet chilli sauce and get ready to serve up.
• After you’ve got your plates, cutlery, drinks and a side of prawn crackers ready, add the noodles to the pan with lemon juice, coriander and sesame seeds. Stir and serve.
You can serve this with added spice if you prefer your meals hot hot hot- add some chilli and one less spoonful of honey if you prefer. Serve with rice instead of noodles. This dish takes no time at all and is delicious.