These are delicious thanks to the salty smoked flavours from the bacon. They’re great as stand-alone picky bites, appetisers or with a spicy tomato sauce with spaghetti.
Emily loved these, munching through 4 of them at dinner. Sam enjoyed these too and even threw some on his homemade pizzas a few days later.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 10-15 minutes
- 500g lean pork mince
- 2 rashers of bacon, chopped into small pieces (use scissors if necessary)
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp parsley
- Salt and pepper to season
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- Place the pork mince, bacon, thyme and parsley into a bowl and mix thoroughly. Season with a little salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Add the breadcrumbs and egg and mix. This is quite handsy and it gets mushy, so be close to the sink!
- Divide the mixture into 16 and shape each portion into a smallish ball, using your hands.
- Place the meatballs into the olive oil and simmer, turning often for 5-8 minutes, or until the meatballs are completely cooked through.