I had planned on making chicken kebabs on my birthday but instead we were naughty and got a takeout instead. I really wished I made this instead. The flavours were wonderful and my takeaway was awful. Typical!
I had marinaded the chicken in salt and pepper with olive oil, honey, soy and a teeny pinch of cayenne pepper for 12 hours and the flavours were just divine. Thrown all into a stir fry with sesame oil and some veg and well it was delicious. I had it for lunch a few days letter and it was just as nice cold as it were hot.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Marinading: minimum 2 hours, but best 12 hours to overnight
Cooking: 20 minutes
300g chicken fillets, chopped into chunks
1 green pepper, diced
1 yellow pepper, diced
1 cup of red cabbage, shredded
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1 white onion, diced
6 mushrooms, diced
2 tbsp sesame oil
Salt & pepper to season
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp runny honey
Tesco Vegetable rice
Dash of cayenne pepper
1 tsp garlic granules
- Slice your fillets into chunks and add to a bowl with salt and pepper, cayenne pepper, honey, 1 tbsp soy and olive oil and stir. Really mix the chicken into the sauce.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours, but best overnight.
This chicken mix works really well on skewers and grilled on a BBQ.
- 5 minutes before you start cooking, take the chicken out the fridge.
- To a wok, add sesame oil and garlic granules. Heat for a few seconds then add the chicken and stir. Cook for 10 minutes before you add all your vegetables.
- Add 1tbsp soy sauce and stir to combine. Cook for 10 minutes on a low heat.
- Check the Chicken, season and add a pack of vegetable rice. Stir the rice into the mix and cook for a few minutes.
Serve hot or cold with prawn crackers.